1. We have finalized our name. and will call ourselves the Ghost Dancers.
2. We have left the charter open to further review and discussion… you can find it here: http://wp.me/pTp8V-9V
3. For the near future, our meetings will be held on Thursdays at the Kress Market (443 Pine Ave. Long Beach, CA), 6:30pm .
4. We will be proposing two actions to the next General Assembly of Occupy Long Beach. We believe both actions are in line with the local, national, and worldwide Occupy movements, and expect them to be approved through the G.A. We have decided to perform both actions as a group regardless of consensus though.
5. In an attempt at a more open communication with other Occupy camps, a few of us have volunteered to monitor and communicate with specific camps. The goal is to eventually have a communication facilitator with every other permanent Occupy camp. Volunteers will be updating us at each Ghost Dancers meeting about news and events that are happening in their assigned camps. So far we have communication facilitators for: Los Angeles, Irvine, Santa Ana, Portland & Seattle… let me know if you’re interested in helping out with other cities.
— leest1 —