Ghost Dance Party
An Occupy Long Beach Affinity Group
The Ghost Dance Party was formed in Long Beach, CA on October 31, 2011. We are an Affinity Group consisting of Occupy Wall Street supporters. We are a peaceful, non-violent group of individuals who will use our collective powers to effect positive change. We will brainstorm, draft, and present well-formed proposals to the Occupy Long Beach General Assembly. Also, we will plan and perform various actions as an Affinity Group, separate of Occupy Long Beach. We will act in solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Long Beach movements.
Our long-term goals include, but are not limited to:
1. Separate corporate money from political systems
2. World Peace
3. Worldwide Social Justice
4. Worldwide Economic Justice
5. Worldwide Environmental Justice
Our short-term goals include, but are not limited to:
1. Establishing a permanent space within Lincoln Park (Long Beach City Hall/Pacific & Broadway) that can be used to assemble and share ideas without restrictions.
2. Increasing awareness of our movement within the local community.
3. Promoting local and national Occupy events.
Our first meeting will be held at Kress Market (433 Pine Ave. Long Beach, CA 90000), Thursday November 3rd at 6:30pm. We will continue to meet on Thursday and Sunday evenings at 6:30pm (Location TBD).
— leest1 —